Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wedding Invites on the Cheap!

So, eventually...I will figure out how to upload pictures, and either add them to this post, or re-write this post with pictures. Either way, hopefully soon, there will be pictures! :)

Mr. Wonderful and I got married in a quick minute earlier this year...not because we had to...because we wanted to. My Grandma (whom I'd been EXTREMELY close to my whole life..she lived across the street from us), was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor. It was a long journey of ups and downs, she was doing really well, and then she started to not do well. We had already made an engagement commitment, and in hopes that Grandma could be there, we moved everything up. However, it simply was not meant to be. She saw my flowers choice, my guest list (from when she was doing well), and even my dress! But the day she saw my dress, and cried with me over how beautiful it is, she treated Matt and I, along with my parents and sister to lunch. Little did I know it was the last time we would see her that she was conscious. That night, she slipped into a coma, and passed away the next Tuesday. Many tears were shed, and many gasps were had when we realized the ceremony was to be the day of the funeral. Needless to say, we postponed everything a week (we had already arranged for out of town family to come, etc), and had a simple ceremony at my parents house. Now that everything has calmed down, we are going to do a vow-renewal/wedding ceremony and reception. Which, of course involves invitations.

SOO. Long story short-here we are.

I picked up plain white invitations, that have vellum connected by a ribbon bow to the paper. These I got at Wal Mart (not my favorite shop, but it did in a pinch), on clearance. I picked up 150, which is about 30 more than I need. These I can make up and save for our own keepsakes, as well as give some to friends and family in frames later in the year.

I then used my free 50 prints from CVSPhoto (Which everyone gets when they sign up with an e-mail address!) I used all 3 of my e-mail addresses, because I needed 150 prints. I then attached the photo's to the invitation (under where the vellum will be), using photo glue-sticks. Rubber Cement could work-but it's a heavy liquid, as well as having the possibility of being too acidic for some photos. You could also use scrapbooking squares or glue dots, but the glue stick was cheaper for us to buy.

Now, just print the vellum like you normally would, and voila! You have a wedding invite on the cheap that's personal, and fabulously cute and frugal!!

Til then,
C.

No comments:

Post a Comment